Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wink, deadlines, and more...



Here's a picture from Emma Long City Park from last weekend. Mike, Pancake, and I are savoring the last of non-killer heat weekends. Did a little 2.5 mile hike. Had a terrific time.

This weekend, I have a really fun event coming up. I am hosting a bachelorette party at Wink.
I am sooo excited. We are having a 7 course chef's menu paired with a wine at each course. I've never done a chef's menu, so I am pretty psyched. I will just have to resist going on line to see what they have that weekend (the menu constantly changes depending what is in season)....since they have some funky stuff I have never had like foie gras, and wild boar, but I want to do my best to try it all.

Looks like I am working everyday until June 1 to hit a deadline at work. Not a big deal, when it comes right down to it, one of the few talents I have is I can make it work, and I find a way to get it done. It's not a surprise, so I can deal. It might take a toll on the running though...I can still run, but long runs may suffer the next couple weekends.

Not much else going on. we got hit by an insane storm last night with BASEBALL sized hail. lots of tree damage, but unlike some of our neighbors, our house seems to have survived. At least we are not in China or Myanmar. remember to count your blessings....

1 comment:

Steph said...

I can't wait for Wink either. REALLY looking forward to it. I plan to get a little intoxicated and find out more about this tattoo . . . .